Hell City Tattoo Festival
* KEEP WRISTBAND ON AT ALL TIMES!
* Lost wristbands at festival are non-refundable and non-exchangeable!
You MUST BE 18 to get tattooed, you must sign a release form and provide a valid ID to get tattooed. All tattoo artists must verify age and have a signed release form before starting any tattoo procedure.
- We’re all at Hell City as a family of the flesh, leave your attitudes and ego’s at the door and treat each other as one!! This festival thrives on good times and great people!!
- Absolutely NO FIGHTING or Obnoxious Behavior permitted. Once again, this festival thrives on good times and great people! You will be arrested and escorted off premises if you can’t respect the other attendees!
- There are NO REFUNDS on presale tickets, admissions, raffles, seminars, or competitions!!
- Attendees must wear wristbands at all times, no wristband=no entry. Never share wristbands with anyone; this will be cause for expulsion. Artists must wear or have on their person the Vendor Wristband when entering or exiting the Ballroom.
- You will receive your Hell City wristband from the Will Call list at the admissions desk.
- Lost wristbands at festival are non-refundable and non-exchangeable!
- ENTER HELL CITY AT YOUR OWN RISK! If you are easily offended, please do not enter.
- No food or drinks on tattoo artists tables, please respect the artists portfolios and don’t get food on or spill your drinks on the artists properties.
- No preemies allowed! Infants must be carried, please no strollers due to heavy traffic congestion.
- Kids 10 and under get in HALF PRICE (not including preemies)
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Hell City reserves the right to deny entrance to anyone we deem necessary.
- Hell City reserves the right for expulsion from the convention at any time or for any reason without refund
- Press Passes are available for TV & Radio stations, Newspapers, and Industry Magazines only. No professional cameras allowed without a Press Pass!
- NO SOLICITING! No handing-out fliers, postcards, samples or business cards anywhere inside the show or anywhere within the convention area.
- Hell City does not allow any animals/pets inside the tattooing floor area due to public health and safety concerns. Service animals are allowed in areas where no tattooing, body piercing or any open wounds are being performed or are present. Any aggressive animals, pets or service dogs will not be allowed entry to protect the attendees and children in costume, face paint, etc. Please refer to the following to see the qualifications for a service animal: https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html
- Violators of admission rules will be removed from the fest without refund.
- BY ENTERING HELL CITY, YOU AGREE TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED, VIDEO TAPED AND RECORDED FOR ANY AND ALL ADVERTISING AND FUTURE HELL CITY MEDIA AND PUBLICATIONS.
* KEEP WRISTBAND ON AT ALL TIMES!
* Lost wristbands at festival are non-refundable and non-exchangeable!
* You will receive your Hell City wristband from the Will Call list at the admissions desk – never remove your wristband without seeing Hell City Admissions counter for proper removal
THERE IS NO REASON TO REMOVE YOUR WRISTBAND
AGAIN… Keep wristbands on at all times
Never remove your wristband by yourself
See Admissions to remove your wristband if needed
Removed or lost wristbands are subject to full re-entry fee
Do not remove your wristband at any time. You will need to buy a new wristband to gain readmission to the Festival if you have lost or removed yours. If you need to have your wristband adjusted or removed, see Admissions.
TATTOO CONTEST INFO AND RULES
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be given for most categories.
- Contest registration is at the main stage prior to competitions.
- It will cost $15 to enter each category. The entry fee is NON REFUNDABLE!! Tattoo Of The Day is free to enter!!
- Be sure to be present 30 minutes prior to competing. No refunds for no shows!
- Tattoos must be FULLY HEALED in order to enter tattoo competitions except for Tattoo Of The Day.
- Tattoo Of The Day tattoos must be properly cleaned up and presentable (i.e. not seeping or bleeding).
- Tattoo Of The Day is free to enter! You must have your tattoo done by an Attending HC Tattoo Artist that day of the fest.
- Tattoo of the Day will have only one trophy that will be given daily.
- Worst Tattoo Winner will recieve a free laser removal session.
- Best booth award will be given on Sunday. This category has only one trophy awarded.
- Hell City is not responsible for any damaged items entered in competitions, or hurt feelings resulting from competitions….
- By entering Hell City and Hell City Tattoo Competitions you release Hell City Ltd. of any and all legalities stemming from copyrighted tattoos, artwork, material or anything in regards to copyrighted tattoos, photographs, clothing or anything else deemed copyrighted or trademarked.
- Hell City Ltd. is not legally responsible for attendees falsifying artist information upon registration or during competitions.
- If a tattoo artist or creator of tattoo artwork does not want their work to be entered in competitions, photographed, displayed or any other visual appreciation at Hell City, it is their legal responsibility to let the client/ wearer know this and take appropriate actions to ensure that the client does not enter competitions. The client takes full responsibility for future legalities stemming from such an issue and holds Hell City harmless.
- Any and all photos taken of tattoos at Hell City by official Hell City Tattoo Festival photographers are solely the property of Hell City Ltd.
ARTIST & VENDOR REGISTRATION RULES
- YOUR BOOTH APPLICATION MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 ARTISTS PER BOOTH, DOUBLE BOOTHS REQUIRES 4 WORKING ARTISTS
- COMPLETE EVERY SECTION OF THE BOOTH REGISTRATION FORM, INCLUDING ALL ATTENDING ARTISTS NAMES, MEMBER NAMES & WEBSITES
- BE SURE TO FILL OUT EVERY LINE OF THE REGISTRATION FORM INCLUDING YOUR WEBSITE, EVERY ATTENDING ARTISTS NAME, AND ALL CONTACT INFO FOR REVIEW
- YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE A WEBSITE OR ONLINE GALLERY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A BOOTH, NO EXCEPTIONS
- PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION PER STUDIO/ ARTIST FOR REVIEW, PERSISTENT APPLICATIONS WILL BE IGNOREDYOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE A BOOTH AT THE FESTIVAL, BUT RATHER ALLOWS REVIEW
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS & BASIC FIRST AID/CPR TRAINING RECORDS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TATTOO AT HELL CITY
- THE BOARD OF HEALTH REQUIRES THAT ALL WORKING TATTOO ARTISTS COMPLY TO THESE GUIDELINES AND HAVE ALL TRAINING RECORDS.
- YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FOR YOUR SUBMISSION, HOWEVER YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL IF YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED.
- ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED, YOU WILL HAVE 30 DAYS TO MAKE YOUR ONLINE BOOTH PAYMENT.
- UNTIL BOOTH PAYMENT AND RELEASE FORM IS RECEIVED, YOUR INFO WILL NOT BE ON THE ATTENDING ARTIST LIST
- ONLY IF APPROVED, WILL YOU RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL E- INVITE TO PURCHASE A BOOTH TO BE A VENDOR AT HELL CITY!
- REJECTED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT RECEIVE NOTICE OF ANY SORT, SO PLEASE DON’T BE HATING, IT’S NOTHING PERSONAL!
- EVEN IF YOU DON’T GET A BOOTH AT HELL CITY, STILL JOIN EVERYONE FOR A FUN EVENT WITH GOOD TIMES AND GREAT PEOPLE!
ATTENDING ARTISTS- PLEASE READ
- All attending artists must abide by all local health regulations. These regulations are basic and pretty consistent to the health regulations in many other states
- BE IN YOUR BOOTH WHEN THE GATES OPEN EVERYDAY OF THE FEST!! DO NOT stumble into your booth late after the gates have opened for the day!! This will weigh heavily on your return to Hell City!
- DO NOT break down your booth early Sunday of the HC Fest until the festival has completely ended. It is very disrespectful to the attendees and fellow artists at the festival to break your booth down early!!!
- Artists will be allowed to work late to finish up tattoos in progress, permitting only the artist and client are present for the duration of the session. Sunday excluded!!!
- IMPORTANT! Any excessive trash which consists of tattoo supplies, sharps containers, boxes, crates, pallets, furniture, display materials and/or plastic and overflowing trash cans will be disposed of and recorded and you will be charged both a handling fee and a disposal fee. There will be large receptacles and extra bags available throughout the weekend, as well as a Sharps receptacle for your closed and secured Sharps containers to place in at the end of the weekend.
- Attending Artists are responsible for following all Health Regulations required by the state, country or city in which Hell City is held.
- Attending Artists are responsible to collect and maintain any and all client release forms, filled out by both the artist and the client at Hell City. Hell City does not keep your personal client information, this is your legal responsibility as an attending artist.
- Artists must have all clients thoroughly read, fill out and sign all release/ consent forms provided in your check in packets.
- Artists must inform clients of care instructions and give clients aftercare instructions provided in your check in packets.
- Your studio or yourself must have a website and/or webpage to be considered for a booth at Hell City. No Site = No Booth.
- Gloves must be worn when tattooing or piercing a client at all times.
- Sharps containers must be used. Each booth will have a complimentary sharps container provided.
- All needles & razors must be properly disposed of into the sharps containers provided at your booth
- Pre-packaged, sterile instruments must be used during all tattooing and piercing procedures.
- Be sure to bring enough disposable tubes and instruments to get you through the busy weekend.
- Anyone caught scrubbing tubes in public restrooms or hotel rooms will be in violation of Ohio health codes and will be asked to leave the festival and it’s premises.
- BE SMART-BE SAFE!
- Suppliers will be present at the festival so you can buy any supplies you need.
- Paper towels will be for sale in the private artist area of the ballroom.
- Artists and piercers who are tattooing or piercing private areas (nipples and genitals) must have an enclosed/private area to do this in.
- Artist must comply with all needle agreements, care instructions and client release forms.
- Artists must inform all clients in regards to how to heal their new tattoos.
- Artists must bandage all new tattoos with lap cloths or drylock materials only. No clear saran wrap!
- The hotel has asked that no private areas be visible while on the Ballroom floor, improper exposure will result in expulsion. If you are piercing female nipples or any genitals, you must have a private, enclosed booth.
- Board of Health fees must be pre-paid prior to working.
- No food or drink allowed in tattoo booths.
- No smoking in tattoo booths or anywhere in the Hotel.
- Attending Artists must pay Ohio’s Tattoo & Piercing Sales Tax, you are required to collect and remit your own sales tax, Hell City is not responsible for artist’s taxes.
- Artists need to bring proof of practice insurance for Board of Health inspections if you have it.
- Artists/Studios need to pay temporary licensing fees with the Columbus Board of Health.
- Artists need to bring CPR & first aid certificates for Board of Health inspections prior to be allowed to work.
- Artists need to bring bloodborne pathogens & cross contamination prevention certificates for Board of Health inspections prior to be allowed to work.
- THURSDAY EARLY ARTISTS SET UP will be from 5-8p.m. in the ballroom. This gives artists a chance to partially setup prior to the fest.
- ARTIST / PUBLIC MEET & GREET will be free & open to the public Thursday night after artist early set up. This will give HC artists the chance to meet new clients, set appts. and meet artists attending.
- Each booth and artist are responsible for collecting their client’s Hell City release form, provided in the care packet. Artists must hold on to these legal documents/release forms for a minimum of three years. It is the artist’s responsibility to sign in each and every client as they are considered an independent contractor and are responsible for any legal forms for their clients or business conducted at Hell City.
LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
I, do for myself, studio, and associates do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless the Hell City Ltd. and the Hotel in which the event is held and the directors, agents, servants, contractors, and employees from any and all liability, claims, or demands for personal injury sickness or death, as well as property damages and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred by the undersigned that occur while said is participating in this event. Furthermore, I hereby assume all risk of personal and client injury, sickness, death, damage and expense as a result of participation in this event.
I agree to examine and follow all pertinent laws, statutes, ordinances, rules, and regulations by the state and Hell City Ltd. I am responsible for all costs and liabilities arising from the use of patented, trademarked, copyrighted or serve mark materials, equipment, processes or creative rights.
Only the Hell City Tattoo Festival will display, license, sell and merchandise all event items. Hell City Tattoo Festival has the authority to approve or disapprove of all displays, promotions, sales, or merchandising of the products or services presented by me. Any of these things that are disapproved of by the Hell City Tattoo Festival will be removed from the premises and may be expelled from the event.
I agree I own and have permission from my tattoo artist to display and have all tattoos photographed, video taped or otherwise documented for any and all purposes. By entering the Hyatt Regency and The Hell City Tattoo Festival, I agree to release all liability to any photographer within the premises that may capture and display the tattoo images or my likeness in any manner.
Illegal drugs, controlled substances, weapons, and racially or sexually offensive merchandise will not be permitted at this event.
I cannot sell, give or offer for sale any pictures or accounting of this event for publication without the written permission of Hell City Ltd. This includes any interviews or photo sessions not supplied by the Hell City Tattoo Festival.
I am responsible for any and all taxable sales of services or products sold at this event.
Hell City Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the license/contract granted by this agreement for good cause and in said event, I agree to waive and forego all claims for damages and recourse of any kind.