*Remove Bandage after 2- 5 hours.
*Always wash hands before touching your new tattoo.
*Wash Tattoo 2-3 times daily w/ AntiBacterial Dial soap.
*Rinse new tattoo with water & pat dry w/ clean towel.
*Allow 20-30 minutes to air dry before applying lotion.
*Apply a thin layer of NON- Scented Curel or Lubriderm.
*Clean & Lotion new tattoo 3-5 times daily for 2 weeks.
*Do NOT pick at scabs if present, wear clean, loose clothing.
*Do NOT soak in water, pool or hot tub. Keep out of sun.
*Always apply a SPF 30-50 if you are in prolonged sunlight.
To learn all about the one and only Hell City Tattoo Festival, click here to read more!
The first Hell City Tattoo Festival was in 2002 in Killumbus, Ohio.
Thousands of people come to Hell City every year! Collectors, enthusiasts and those that are interested or curious join over 200 of the world’s best artists every year!
You can purchase pre-sale tickets here at a discount.
$22 one day pass
$42 two day pass
$62 weekend pass
* Kids under 10 FREE
$25 one day pass
$45 two day pass
$65 weekend pass
* Kids under 10 FREE
You will not receive tickets in the mail. Your name will be on the will-call list. You must have a photo ID to claim tickets. Tickets can be picked up at the admission booth all weekend long. See you in Hell!
FRIDAY / 12 NOON – 11 PM
SATURDAY / 12 NOON – 11PM
SUNDAY / 12 NOON – 8 PM
Absolutely, you can come and stay the entire weekend! Go and book your rooms now!
ROOMS ARE FILLING UP FAST, BE SURE TO BOOK YOUR ROOMS NOW!
Hyatt Regency Downtown – Columbus, OH
Located in the downtown Arts District
350 North High St., Columbus, OH 43215 / #614-463-1234
Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa – Phoenix, AZ
Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
2400 E. Missouri Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85016 / #602-955-6600
The Gates of Hell City open at noon every day, and close at 11 pm on Friday and Saturday, 8 pm on Sunday. Here’s a look at the full time schedule for Hell City!
Hell City is a very convenient convention! The Hyatt Regency has a great restaurant, and of course the Big Bar on 2 can satisfy your thirst demons! Another great benefit is the Hyatt is attached to the Convention Center, so there is a food court with lots of different selections, from breakfast to late night! In Phoenix, The Arizona Biltmore plays host and features award-winning dining and great drinks, especially at the poolside bar!
YES! We encourage everyone to bring the lil’ devils to enjoy the Heck City Kids Zone. They can get temporary tattoos, faces painted and even join in the Heck City Coloring Contest!
Hell City does not allow any animals/pets inside the tattooing floor area due to public health and safety concerns. Service animals are allowed in areas where no tattooing, body piercing or any open wounds are being performed or are present. Any aggressive animals, pets or service dogs will not be allowed entry to protect the attendees and children in costume, face paint, etc.
Anyone over 18 can get tattooed or pierced at Hell City! You must present a valid ID and sign a release form to get tattooed or pierced though! And if you want to get tattooed by a specific artist, it is best to contact them ahead of time, most are booked months in advance! Click this link to see the entire list of Attending Artists.
The Hell City Tattoo Fest has more events than ever before. The Main Stage plays host to live music, freakshows, tattoo competitions and awards! Then you can turn around and watch the Art Fusion Experiment on the Side Stage. Head to the depths of Hell City and enjoy the 2nd Floor and all the special events going on down there, including the Fine Art Gallery, Sinema and so much more! Check out the Columbus Ohio Event Schedule and the Phoenix Arizona Event Schedule.
In order to make the trip to Hell City a fun and memorable one, be prepared! Book your hotel rooms early and get pre-sale tickets so you can skip the line and head straight through the Gates Of Hell! Book an appointment with your tattoo artist of choice early, and be ready to have one hell of a good time!
You can view the many photo albums from all the previous Hell City Tattoo Festivals in our Photo Gallery! Since the links go to the official Hell City Facebook galleries you can even leave comments and tag yourself and friends!
Join the Hell City Street Team and we will get you out a package full of goodies to put everywhere! Stickers, posters, postcards and more for putting in your favorite tattoo shop, bar or store!
We have early artist set-up on Thursday from 5-8pm. Remaining set up begins on Friday at
9 am until noon. Doors will open at noon so be sure to get in there nice and early to set your booth up. When checking in at Hell City, be sure you get your check-in packet and passes at admissions.
Be sure to bring additional power strips if you need them as well as additional lighting for
your booth, we DO NOT supply lights, armrests, or any other luxury you may want for your station. A supply company will be there to help keep you fully stocked on any items you may need to tattoo. Your booth will be supplied with only one sharps container, a roll of paper towels, a trashcan, table and chairs.
Don’t forget to bring your art for the art gallery and drop it off on Thursday. The art gallery is
always filled with tons of great artwork. This is a great area at Hell City to showcase your other talents such as paintings, sculptures, as well as any other forms of art you would like to display.
Be sure to book your rooms for both shows. The Hyatt & Biltmore have hooked you all up
with a great room rate so don’t miss out! Visit http://www.hellcity.com/hotel_info.html for more info.
Please be ready to accept the hellions to set the floor on fire promptly at 12 noon every day.
Please do NOT break down early any night of the fest. We expect each artist to be courteous to those coming on Sunday by giving them the time to admire your work and enjoy the fest. Hell City closes the gates at 8pm on Sunday. For a full list of Hell City rules please visit: http://www.hellcity.com/hell_city_artist_rules.html
Everyone is at Hell City to showcase tattooing and those behind our art form so please respect the venue, do not destroy any property and immediately report any suspicious or unprofessional activity.
Everyone tattooing or piercing must have current First Aid and Blood-Borne Pathogen certificates. See your local Red Cross for certification and classes or visit www.icpri.com.
The course for Blood-Borne Pathogens will be on Thursday if you need to get blood-borne certified the day before.
Have your blood-borne pathogens certification with you as the Health Board may ask to see it. If you do not have it, you can take a course on Thursday. Click here for details on the seminar: http://www.hellcity.com/hell_city_seminars_oh.html.
* TATTOO ARTISTS GO ALL DISPOSABLE!*
Hell City encourages all attending tattoo artists & vendors to work with disposable tubes and supplies.
As we look forward to another great year at the Hell City Tattoo Festival, we wanted to reach out to attending artists regarding disposable tattoo products. Since disposable tattoo equipment is becoming more and more widely used we wanted to try to make Hell City an all disposable event. Hell City has always been a pioneer in bringing new ideas to make the show the best it can possibly be, so we thought it would make perfect sense to lead the way for disposable products being used at tattoo festivals. We will, of course, have an autoclave available for use but request that everyone plan on using disposable tubes and needles throughout the weekend of the show. We’ll have plenty of suppliers attending or you’re welcome to bring all your favorite products with you to use.
Hell City supports tattoo and art education and always has a great line-up of educational seminars taught by some of the best artists in the tattoo industry and beyond. Make sure you check out the list of seminars at www.hellcity.com and register early so you can guarantee a seat and learn something new!
For a full list of other great events at Hell City in Ohio, please visit: http://www.hellcity.com/scheduled_events_oh.html
For a full list of other great events at Hell City in Arizona, please visit: http://www.hellcity.com/scheduled_events_az.html
In the unfortunate event you need to return anything to Hell City Ltd., here are our return and refund policies. Hell City Clothing has a 10 day policy on all returns and refunds. If you are not satisfied with your new Hell City Clothing, you must submit a “Refund Request” to email@example.com within 10 days. Returns must have an accurate description of reason for return and refund. Items including shot glasses, sale items, mugs, tattoo payments are non refundable. Presale tickets, brochure ads, big screen ads and booth fees at The Hell City Tattoo Festival are non-refundable and non-returnable. True Tube Disposable Tattoo Tubes and Pint Size Paintings books, prints, flash art and posters are non-refundable. Our return policy does not include return shipping charges.
* You MUST BE 18 to get tattooed, you must sign a release form and provide a valid ID to get tattooed. All tattoo artists must verify age and have a signed release form before starting any tattoo procedure.
* There will be a Kids Booth for the lil’ devils that will have temporary tattoos for the kiddies as well as face painting, evil clowns and much more!
* We’re all at Hell City as a family of the flesh, leave your attitudes and ego’s at the door and treat each other as one!! This festival thrives on good times and great people!!
* Absolutely NO FIGHTING or Obnoxious Behavior permitted. Once again, this festival thrives on good times and great people! You will be arrested and escorted off premises if you can’t respect the other attendees!
* There are NO REFUNDS on presale tickets, admissions, raffles, seminars, or competitions!! *
* ENTER HELL CITY AT YOUR OWN RISK! If you are easily offended, please do not enter.
* No food or drinks on tattoo artists tables, please respect the artists portfolios and don’t get food on or spill your drinks on the artists properties.
*No preemies allowed! Infants must be carried, please no strollers due to heavy traffic congestion.
*Kids 10 and under get in HALF PRICE (not including preemies)
*Minors must be accompanied by an adult
*Hell City reserves the right to deny entrance to anyone we deem necessary.
*Hell City reserves the right for expulsion from the convention at any time or for any reason without refund
*Attendees must wear wristbands at all times, no wristband=no entry. Never share wristbands with anyone; this will be cause for expulsion. Artists must wear or have on their person the Vendor Wristband when entering or exiting the Ballroom.
*Press Passes are available for TV & Radio stations, Newspapers, and Industry Magazines only. No professional cameras allowed without a Press Pass!
*NO SOLICITING! No handing-out fliers, postcards, samples or business cards anywhere inside the show or anywhere within the convention area.
*Violators of admission rules will be removed from the fest without refund.
*BY ENTERING HELL CITY, YOU AGREE TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED, VIDEO TAPED AND RECORDED FOR ANY AND ALL ADVERTISING AND FUTURE HELL CITY MEDIA AND PUBLICATIONS.
BY ENTERING TATTOO COMPETITIONS, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
HELL CITY TERMS & CONDITIONS
***1st, 2nd, & 3rd place awards will be given for most categories
***Contest registration is at the main stage prior to competitions.
***It will cost $15 to enter each category. The entry fee is NON REFUNDABLE!! Tattoo Of The Day is free to enter!!
***Be sure to be present 30 minutes prior to competing. No refunds for no shows!
***Tattoos must be FULLY HEALED in order to enter tattoo competitions except for Tattoo Of The Day.
***Tattoo Of The Day tattoos must be properly cleaned up and presentable (i.e. not seeping or bleeding).
***Tattoo Of The Day is free to enter! You must have your tattoo done by an Attending HC Tattoo Artist that day of the fest.
***Tattoo of the Day will have only one trophy that will be given daily.
***Worst Tattoo Winner will recieve a free laser removal session.
***Best booth award will be given on Sunday. This category has only one trophy awarded.
COMPLETE EVERY SECTION OF THE BOOTH REGISTRATION FORM, INCLUDING ALL ATTENDING ARTISTS NAMES, MEMBER NAMES & WEBSITES
BE SURE TO FILL OUT EVERY LINE OF THE REGISTRATION FORM INCLUDING YOUR WEBSITE, EVERY ATTENDING ARTISTS NAME, AND ALL CONTACT INFO FOR REVIEW
YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE A WEBSITE OR ONLINE GALLERY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A BOOTH, NO EXCEPTIONS
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION PER STUDIO/ ARTIST FOR REVIEW, PERSISTENT APPLICATIONS WILL BE IGNORED
YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A BOOTH AT THE FESTIVAL, BUT RATHER ALLOWS REVIEW
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS & BASIC FIRST AID/CPR TRAINING RECORDS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TATTOO AT HELL CITY
THE BOARD OF HEALTH REQUIRES THAT ALL WORKING TATTOO ARTISTS COMPLY TO THESE GUIDELINES AND HAVE ALL TRAINING RECORDS.
ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED, YOU WILL HAVE 30 DAYS TO MAKE YOUR ONLINE BOOTH PAYMENT.
UNTIL BOOTH PAYMENT AND RELEASE FORM IS RECEIVED, YOUR INFO WILL NOT BE ON THE ATTENDING ARTIST LIST
ONLY IF APPROVED, WILL YOU RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL E- INVITE TO PURCHASE A BOOTH TO BE A VENDOR AT HELL CITY!
REJECTED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT RECEIVE NOTICE OF ANY SORT, SO PLEASE DON’T BE HATING, IT’S NOTHING PERSONAL!
EVEN IF YOU DON’T GET A BOOTH AT HELL CITY, STILL JOIN EVERYONE FOR A FUN EVENT WITH GOOD TIMES AND GREAT PEOPLE!
* All attending artists must abide by all local health regulations. These regulations are basic and pretty consistent to the health regulations in many other states:
* BE IN YOUR BOOTH WHEN THE GATES OPEN EVERYDAY OF THE FEST!! DO NOT stumble into your booth late after the gates have opened for the day!! This will weigh heavily on your return to Hell City!
* DO NOT break down your booth early Sunday of the HC Fest until the festival has completely ended. It is very disrespectful to the attendees and fellow artists at the festival to break your booth down early!!!
* Artists will be allowed to work late to finish up tattoos in progress, permitting only the artist and client are present for the duration of the session. Sunday excluded.
* Attending Artists are responsible for following all Health Regulations required by the state, country or city in which Hell City is held.
* Artists must have all clients thoroughly read, fill out and sign all release/ consent forms provided in your check in packets.
* Artists must inform clients of care instructions and give clients aftercare instructions provided in your check in packets.
* Your studio or yourself must have a website and/or webpage to be considered for a booth at Hell City. No Site = No Booth.
* Gloves must be worn when tattooing or piercing a client at all times.
* Sharps containers must be used. Each booth will have a complimentary sharps container provided.
*All needles & razors must be properly disposed of into the sharps containers provided at your booth
* Pre-packaged, sterile instruments must be used during all tattooing and piercing procedures.
* Be sure to bring enough disposable tubes and instruments to get you through the busy weekend.
* Anyone caught scrubbing tubes in public restrooms or hotel rooms will be in violation of Ohio health codes and will be asked to leave the festival and it’s premises.
BE SMART-BE SAFE!
* Suppliers will be present at the festival so you can buy any supplies you need.
*Paper towels will be for sale in the private artist area of the ballroom.
* Artists and piercers who are tattooing or piercing private areas (nipples and genitals) must have an enclosed/private area to do this in.
*Artist must comply with all needle agreements, care instructions and client release forms.
*Artists must inform all clients in regards to how to heal their new tattoos.
*Artists must bandage all new tattoos with lap cloths or drylock materials only. No clear saran wrap!
* The hotel has asked that no private areas be visible while on the Ballroom floor, improper exposure will result in expulsion. If you are piercing female nipples or any genitals, you must have a private, enclosed booth.
* Board of Health fees must be pre-paid prior to working.
* No food or drink allowed in tattoo booths.
* No smoking in tattoo booths or anywhere in the Hotel.
* Attending Artists must pay Ohio’s Tattoo & Piercing Sales Tax, you are required to collect and remit your own sales tax, Hell City is not responsible for artist’s taxes.
* Artists need to bring proof of practice insurance for Board of Health inspections if you have it.
* Artists/Studios need to pay temporary licensing fees with the Columbus Board of Health.
* Artists need to bring CPR & first aid certificates for Board of Health inspections prior to be allowed to work.
* Artists need to bring bloodborne pathogens & cross contamination prevention certificates for Board of Health inspections prior to be allowed to work.
* THURSDAY EARLY ARTISTS SET UP will be from 5-8p.m. in the ballroom. This gives artists a chance to partially setup prior to the fest.
*ARTIST / PUBLIC MEET & GREET will be free & open to the public Thursday night after artist early set up. This will give HC artists the chance to meet new clients, set appts. and meet artists attending.
I, do for myself, studio, and associates do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless the Hell City Ltd. and the Hotel in which the event is held and the directors, agents, servants, contractors, and employees from any and all liability, claims, or demands for personal injury sickness or death, as well as property damages and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred by the undersigned that occur while said is participating in this event. Furthermore, I hereby assume all risk of personal and client injury, sickness, death, damage and expense as a result of participation in this event.
I agree to examine and follow all pertinent laws, statutes, ordinances, rules, and regulations by the state and Hell City Ltd. I am responsible for all costs and liabilities arising from the use of patented, trademarked, copyrighted or serve mark materials, equipment, processes or creative rights.
Only the Hell City Tattoo Festival will display, license, sell and merchandise all event items. Hell City Tattoo Festival has the authority to approve or disapprove of all displays, promotions, sales, or merchandising of the products or services presented by me. Any of these things that are disapproved of by the Hell City Tattoo Festival will be removed from the premises and may be expelled from the event.
I agree I own and have permission from my tattoo artist to display and have all tattoos photographed, video taped or otherwise documented for any and all purposes. By entering the Hyatt Regency and The Hell City Tattoo Festival, I agree to release all liability to any photographer within the premises that may capture and display the tattoo images or my likeness in any manner.
Illegal drugs, controlled substances, weapons, and racially or sexually offensive merchandise will not be permitted at this event.
I cannot sell, give or offer for sale any pictures or accounting of this event for publication without the written permission of Hell City Ltd. This includes any interviews or photo sessions not supplied by the Hell City Tattoo Festival.
I am responsible for any and all taxable sales of services or products sold at this event.
Hell City Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the license/contract granted by this agreement for good cause and in said event, I agree to waive and forego all claims for damages and recourse of any kind.